New Titles & Major Accomplishments
The Havanese Fanciers of Canada's (HFC) recognition program is intended to stimulate interest and encourage participation of Havanese in the Canadian Kennel Club's many varied activities; to acknowledge an individual dog's accomplishments and to applaud the versatility of the Havanese breed. It also recognizes significant accomplishment of AKC titles earned in the USA as well as certificates in Therapy Dog programs.
The HFC Recognition listings are available to all HFC members whose Havanese have met the requirements below:
- Dog must be owned or co-owned by HFC member;
- Only titles awarded by the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) and American Kennel Club (AKC) will be recognized . This can be ANY title earned in any CKC/AKC event, whether it be Conformation, Obedience, Rally, Agility etc. So , it could be a CH, or a CGN, or a PCD, CD, RN, AGN etc. Also recognizes certificates in Therapy Dog programs.
- Another aspect of the program is to recognize significant major wins and accomplishments which are not specific titles, such as Best in Show (BIS) , Reserve Best in Show (RBIS), Best Puppy in Show (BPIS), High in Trial (HIT), High Aggregate (Obedience) or Top Dog ( Agility);
- Members must submit their own titles and accomplishments to the awards coordinator as earned
- Either by sending an e-mail to awards(at)havanesefanciers.com, or
- By submitting online: Submit Award
- Awards coordinator shall gather information during the year and shall submit quarterly to the Newsletter editor for inclusion in the newsletter